Remember when I mentioned that I was very spoilt this Christmas?
We'll it's true I totally was!!
And not that we take note or anything.. but I also won the prize for the top two biggest presents of the year - always fun!
We opened presents with my family on Christmas Eve (as they spent Christmas on the boat and had to leave that afternoon) which meant we got to dig into this loot early too.
On top of a beautiful cutlery set (a belated engagement present from the parents), a USA power adaptor from brother, some fun USA spending money and a few other fun things M presented me with this large box... which I didn't even know was for me until then (he sneakily got it upstairs while I was out)
And guess what was inside...
A white Eames Rocker!!!
I may have screamed, ran into his arms and then just burst into tears right there on the spot - just maybe - I was so excited!
Isn't it lovely... only wish I had hardwood floors in my bedroom for photo purposes too!
And if you have been a reader of my blog for some time you might remember this post where I mentioned my search for the perfect unit for my room. And the crush I had on this one that was just over $1,000.00 aka NOT IN THE BUDGET! The search has been going on all year with no luck and so this is what my dad built me for Christmas:
And can you believe he found those shuttered door fronts on an old cupboard by the side of the road, Cut and modified them to fit and painted them up?!? How clever is he?
I was so excited to see it all finished and sitting in my room.
I also got a little teary when he pulled out the middle drawer and mentioned how he had written a little message for me there!
And oh how I love the extra storage!
Although I think I am in need of the rest of the furniture in this set now ;)
Hope you and yours were just as spoilt during the holiday season too!
oh and total cost of the unit just over $100, crazy huh!
So remember when I mentioned that I will soon be flying on over to the US to meet some of my dear sweet bloggy friends?
To help cover some of our accommodation costs we have got together and started 'The Gumdrop Etsy Shoppe' (as in goody goody gumdrops - because we are THAT excited about pulling this thing off. That and Chelle always thinks of cute names - love her!)
I thought you might want to pop on over and have a look, possibly make a purchase?!
and please do keep checking back, there are always new items being added and there will be lots of fun items coming in for Valentines Day too :)
Wow.. it's been nearly two whole months since my last blog - so sad!
And I seem to have a writer's block...
where to start?
what to share?
Which one of the many half started posts to begin with?
there's just been so much happening lately...
Dec and Jan are busy months!
So since I last posted I have:
- Finished College - Did I mention this?!
I cannot believe I actually made it through that final major project I felt like I didn't sleep or eat properly for weeks (only about 10 out of 18 of us actually presented the day it was due - it was a crazy time!)
- Enjoyed Christmas time with M's family... my first Christmas I haven't woken up and shared pressies with my own family!
- Was totally totally spoilt by my family and M for Chrissy (more on that later).
- Laughed at babushka tool boxes that just.keep.coming.
- Spent Boxing Day on the boat with my family and M's ... eating seafood and gourmet salads, and Oma's over-supply of snacks, swimming and listening to those cicadas (they are SO loud this year!)
- Spent a few days on the boat with different friends just relaxing... and eating!
- Had an amazing New Years Eve:
- NYE#1: Went to the summer Fair down at the local waterfront. Carnie took M's money and I went on some crazy dare-devil rides with my sister-in-law-to-be. I love that she loves rides too - M will never go on them with me he stood there freaking out from the ground!
- NYE#2: Waved to mum and dad who were on the boat from up the top of the biggest ride - they didn't see me.
-NYE#3: Watched the New Years eve Fireworks on the roof of our boat with champagne and yummy cheese cakes. We were 100 m away from the barge they were letting the fireworks off from and they were so loud, you could even hear the sound bouncing off the mountains behind us - talk about surround sound - it was so great.
- NYE#4: Went to a party at a friends house and enjoyed watching the Sydney fireworks on TV and catching up with friends.
- Went through another possible sale of our house which fell through again - seriously weren't we just here this time last year too?
- Spent lots of time crafting.
- Booked wedding cars, a photographer, tried dresses on and enjoyed many more wedding related activities.
- Dated my boy a few times:
- Date#1: Had lunch at the venue we are having our wedding reception at on a REALLY hot day the food was scrummy!
- Date#2: Enjoyed a yummy date eating seafood, watching the pelicans at the waterfront restaurant - also on a REALLY hot day!
- Have been to the beach lots - because did I mention, it's been really HOT here!
- Realized I need a new swimmers - with working elastic!
- Continued planning my trip to the States coming up NEXT MONTH to meet some amazing women!
- Found out my cousin Sarey is going to be in LA at the same time as me - yippee!
- Have gotten into the TV show 30 rock with these crazy guys:
- Celebrated the church I grew up in's 30th birthday. Had a great service, loved having Ps Pat preach again, enjoyed a party and watched old church camp and dance videos which made us crack up SO much!
- Also enjoyed checking out M all dressed up in his new vest and haircut (and Mitch and him accidentally wearing matching outfits - as M says 'oh how embarrassing' but not really cause they are boys!):
- Watched dad take on a new business. Selling Thermomix machines (my my these little guys are amazing!)
- Watched dad play around with our thermo mix - we've made yummy dips, salads, ice cream, sorbet, burrito mix, custard, muesli bar balls etc etc
- Gotten my first Interior Design job through a client of dad's who is in the process of buying an old weatherboard cottage with a waterfront and completely renovating the whole thing! colours, furniture, layouts - It's exciting people!
- Have gotten excited over what is going to be an awesome (and busy) year - three weddings (2 of which M is involved in), two exciting holidays, a honeymoon, a new job, a new house with renovations and one spunky husband later!
-And an even more amazing decade for us - getting married, buying houses, babies, careers and leaning more and growing closer to our God - stay tuned it's going to be good!