Today my blog is one.
And I so almost missed this important date. Here I was browsing through the old archives of random blogs and wondering just the exact date I started mine. A quick check and I realised it was exactly one whole year ago today.
Wow. Kinda freaky.
And just how did that whole year go by so quickly!?
(I think I'm getting a mini grasp on exactly how mum's feel when they say this about their children!)
Blogging to me has brought so many highlights that I never could have possibly dreamed up!
This year I..
- I have been inspired by the crafty and sewing projects of so many amazing craft blogs.
- I realised there are people out there as Morgan says 'just like you!' - those crafty little designing homebodies :)
- I got my sewing machine out more than ever before and re-discovered my love for sewing and giving handmade gifts.
- I have run to the letter box for something exciting more times than I can count.
- I have brought more things online this past year than all the past years put together.
- My material and craft stash has gone from 'modest' to 'well established' (and then some).
- I have driven my boy crazy with my 'blog talk'. Thanks for putting up with my ramblings love :)
- I realised how fun sewing vintage style aprons can be and I made a few.
- I have been involved in apron swaps and received two lovely little numbers to wear in the kitchen :)
- I have tried new recipes found through blogs.
- I have been blessed by the kindness of strangers when this cute apron from Beth arrived in my letter box for no other reason, other than my swap partner decided not to send me anything and Beth decided to fill in because she's sweet like that.
- I was blessed enough to have been involved in a bloggity baby shower! wow wow wow.
- I realised how much more amazing it is to give, than to recieve.
- I met some incredible women. Women who inspire me with their faith, with their outlook on life, with their devotion to their families, women who are in essence my role models, who have gone through seasons of life before me and who I know I can turn to for advice. Women who I have laughed with and prayed for and cried for and who I know would do the same for me. Women who are so strong and beautiful. You girls know who you are - one day I hope I have give each of you a hug :)
- I have had the privilege of being involved in some 'email conversations' and getting to know some of those lovely ladies spoken of above better... And how I cherish and love each email (and comment) that comes in.
- I have received some lovely e-cards that have brought tears to my eyes... Thank you!
- I have been able to share a blog with some amazingly talented women.
- My faith has been strengthened especially through the writing of this lady and this one and this one (and about a dozen others).
- My eyes (and debit card) have been opened to the world of Etsy. nuff said ;) oh and Amy Butler and Alexander Henry and and...
- I have been inspired by amazing photography found throughout blog world and finally took the plunge into getting myself a good camera.
- I have enjoyed being tagged and tagging back.
- I entered my twenty's. And have been able to document a year in my life and have recorded many things that would of faded from my memory with the passing of time.
- I have signed in almost everyday to read up on the life of strangers for fear that I would miss something terribly exciting.
- I have realised I am not going to stop any time soon ;)
And now I would like to say thank you to you gorgeous girls out there with a giveaway :D cause I know how much you all love giveaways!
So I had this idea of organising this great giveaway for months now, but that year really did creep up on me and I kinda have no idea what I will be giving away. Sounds kinda crazy huh - a giveaway without anything to giveaway. But I have decided I kind of like the idea of finding out who the winner will be and then 'stalking' their blog (in the nicest possible way) and being able to send something slightly more personal that will hopefully be something the winner will adore.
Oh and speaking of 'stalking' if you have been over to my page and never said hi, please do leave a comment I'd love to meet you :D!
So to enter? Simply leave a comment in the comment section and tell me one of your 'blog highlights' or post about it and let me know when you do. The winner will be randomly drawn by Morgan (because I don't have a cute kid to draw the prize, just a cute boyfriend :) .. so stay tuned for that post, I have some ideas. The winner will be drawn Saturday 8 Nov.
Love Kt x