Jan 3, 2014

Christmas twenty thirteen

We truly hope your Christmas was a merry and bright one! Before we move too quickly into the New Year, I really want to recap our Christmas as it was a really sweet one this year. We woke up at home under our twinkling Christmas Tree after our annual 'A's yearly Christmas Tree Camp Out' (something we have done every year since we got married). After our own Christmas present opening (did I mention I got the most amazing gumball knitted ottoman and a croquet set!!) and present opening with M's family we headed down to my Uncle's house in Sydney to spend the majority of the day with my mums family. It was super fun cause my cousin was out from Dubai with her kids (6, 2 and 3 months) and her sisters little one (6 months) celebrated his first Christmas too. And nothing makes Christmas more fun than excited kids and their massive piles of presents!!!

My cousin Rachel is a bit of a foodie and picked our menu for the day - complete with an email of what you were making and a link to the recipe, which was so perfect to not have to think of another thing to do and know that everything would be covered. Even more perfect might have been that I was so busy setting up the Christmas tablescape that my mum and sweet husband made my salad for me! :) My cousin's husband James (our resident family bar tender) started off the festivities with a delicious Pimms cocktails served in mason jars, with red and white paper straws of course! And I was in charge of the decorating after my cousin and Aunt came up with the theme of red and white Nordic Christmas. I seriously love the way my mums side of the family get into the whole decorating aspect of Christmas day! I had to laugh though that the decorators job never stops as we were pulled over on the side of the road on Christmas morning, in the pittering rain, with a pair of secketeers cutting pine branches off one of the pine trees on the council median strip! We had planned a lovely Christmas setup in my Uncle and Aunts new leafy backyard but were rained out and ended up having to set up on their deck - a little squishy, but it worked out all the same. Here's a snapshot of our Christmas 2013 .... Warning - this is a picture heavy post!!!
^^My Aunt reached new levels of perfection with this Pavlova Christmas tree dessert!!!!
Oh Christmas I love you! I think you should come every year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment