A few weekends ago I turned three ironing board covers into this:
and this:Yay, my apron is finished! And is now at home in it's new home where I hope it is loved as much as I love it, in fact as much as I wish it could of stayed with me :)
I thought I would never get any inspiration for this swap, all the brightly coloured summer fabrics are coming out here now and was giving up hope of finding a great 'autumn fabric'. The fabric I used is actually a few ironing board covers that I found in a sale bin on my way out of Spotlight the Thursday before the Monday it was due... Those apples, they just won me over!
Hmmm I've also realized that I seem to like making it a tad harder for myself and don't like to use normal material (in the last swap I used tea towels). This time, however I actually used a pattern (Kwik Sew 3386) so at least the sewing was quicker and I didn't have to think about measurements (something I'm not so good at!). The ironing boards also had the perfect coloured bias binding which I was able to reuse - even though it did takes ages to unpick!
I also added in Grandma's recipe for apple crumble, which in hindsight tied in quite well with the apron design!
Such a cute apron design I think I'm just going to have to whip one up for myself (after I finish the sewing and craft projects I've got going at the moment..)