Jan 21, 2011

aussie day!

It is calling to me ... wanting me to own it!
My Ikea desk that is... seriously I know, I know this is the third post I've mentioned that damn desk but it is stalking me!
Seriously. I was not even looking for it and then came across this post on SFGirlByBay yesterday:
sigh...

And then I was searching for cute Aussie Day Entertaining Ideas and saw it even used as an outdoor food table. See Husband - this piece is versatile and I NEED it!  ;)

ooh I hope Ikea gets this item back in SOON!

So Australia Day is coming up and I am dreaming of the day we can have some friends over for a really cute backyard do - lamb and prawns on the barbie and pavlova for dessert. Followed by some garden games (I have a crush on garden games) and then a total Aussie movie like The Castle or Muriel's wedding or Croc Dundee (can you believe I have still NOT seen this!) but as we can't fit many people into our teeny tiny little flat I thought I'd show you the rest of these images from this cute Australia Day spread by Wedding Style Guide.






I like it cause it's not the typical green and gold aussie spin off (it's actually really cute) although It very much reminds me of a 4th of July event - I think it has to do with the stripes?! But still total inspiration for any of you US or UK girls who follow the blog too - or anyone else who has a blue, white and red flag. You just maybe couldn't wear that bikini ;)

Seriously so looking forward to Wednesday - we are heading to the beach with friends. What are you up to?
aussie aussie aussie..
and now you say...

5 comments:

  1. I totally just imagined you and Morgie boy singing it over skype...

    it was all to real..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love that stripe-y dress so much! And we could totally wear the bikini for the 4th since it's our summer. (But, you won't be catching me in one any time soon! lol) Can't wait till you guys can throw a cute party. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. oi oi oi! :)
    that desk is seriously cute! And would look great with all your crafty goodness on top!
    And I can't believe you haven't seen Croc Dundee? :O total aussie classic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right that design could easily work here in the UK too - for a royal wedding party perhaps!

    I am now worrying you aren't going to get your hands on that desk - you seem destined to have it. Can you reserve one now?

    Hope you have a fab weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete