Apr 11, 2009

Got it covered!

School has been so busy this month that my poor sweet little sewing machine has been rather neglected of late. But I pulled it out the other night as my brother and Morgan had neglected me to play Age of Empires together, with their lap tops all linked up - such boys huh :) Still I do love that they get along so well! These two even have little inside jokes I have no clue about!! - love it.
anyway back to sewing...

So I made this little case for my ipod. It's the same as the cover Morgan sewed for his sisters ipod - I was even able to use the pretty pink left over elastic. This is a great quick little project and oh so simple. The nano is much much smaller than the classic ipod though and so I wasn't able to line it, bagging it out the same way. I also had to sew one side seam then overlock and sew the top hem before I sewed the second side seam, as the opening was so small.
It's quite a tight fit too so I probally didn't need to include the elastic closure, but it does work great so securing the earphones in place once they have been wrapped around :)

And loving this green fabric, which is part of Spotlight's new range of quilters fabrics. They must be feeling the pinch of so many amazing fabrics being purchased online - they even have their own range of vintage aprons too!! Yes Spotlight, my faith is slowley being restored..slowely !

4 comments:

  1. It's so cute! I love that green fabric too

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fabulous is this...and a fun little quick project! too bad i don't own an ipod (i know...so behind the times) or i just might need to know how you whip it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I ahve tooo many sewing projects to do lately! LOL But fo anyone who knows me, knows that I love a challenge! I do wait for things last minuite, then am crazy pulling out my hair to try to get it done in time. Silly me, yes I know!
    So fun that you took a moment to do something you love. Remember to not get lost in the shuffle of life!
    So curious as to WHAT is on that ipod..... list of music next?
    XOX
    Minta

    ReplyDelete