Feb 7, 2009

apron time.

I have more craft to share today.
I was going through old photos and found these shots of the apron I made Jacy as a prize for one of the games for Leslie's baby shower.
I used Kwik sew pattern no:3396. The same pattern I used for the apple apron I made for the sassy apron swap (I think I need to try out the half apron next time, it has fun pockets!)
I love this pattern, it's very simple to make, the instructions were easy to follow and I love how the seams are easily neatened by encasing the edges in bias binding (6 metres by the way, phew!) and yes, the colours are even better in real life.
I also found this fun Women's Weekly kids cooking book to send along too. The ABC's of Kids cooking. The cute and colourful pictures just won me over. That and fun little recipes like enclosing caramel jerseys into muffins :)
my brother liked this page...
funny how the letters to his nickname and my initals both come one after the other in the alphabet.
Love this quote *Smile*
& the apron in full:
& boy they weren't joking about the weather. It's been hot hot here, even the pool was kinda warm today & my puppy went in for a few swims.
now to go sit in front of the fan...
Hope your all having lovely weekends!

4 comments:

  1. I love this apron! Esp. the Amy Butler fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not tell you how much I loved that little surprising gift!! It is truly a prized possession and will be so lovely displayed in my kitchen I'll take a picture of it just for you my sweet and talented friend :)

    Oh and Noah and I LOVE THAT BOOK! He likes looking at all the pictures and I like trying out the delicous recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow wow.. KT you outdid yourself.

    way to go Jacy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorably cute! You did a wonderful job! And I can not wait to see Jacy in it!

    ReplyDelete